Kate has been volunteering and working in the startup space herself and through her clients, so she has expertise in the startup industry specifically in software development of products in FinTech, HealthTech, e-commerce and the GIS space from an Australian perspective.
More than 4 years experience in recruiting Software Developers also allows her to have a deep understanding of the hiring process for product businesses and provide advice to potential candidates looking for an IT career. Kate also has a unique perspective on the local diversity funnel, working on the VIC ICT for Women Grad Girls program encouraging women in STEAM to pursue careers in IT.
Kate’s passions have led her to MC, speak, facilitate workshops, and be a panellist on the following topics:
- Helping Software Developers navigate the job market
- CV workshops and interview tips
- Improving diversity in the hiring process/attracting women in IT to your business
- How to run a hackathon
- Creating and championing your businesses vision, mission and values
- Improving personal and company branding through social media channels
- How to leverage your network to build long term relationships