Kate has been volunteering and working in the startup space herself and through her clients, so she has expertise in the startup industry specifically in software development of products in FinTech, HealthTech, e-commerce and the GIS space from an Australian perspective.
More than 4 years experience in recruiting Software Developers also allows her to have a deep understanding of the hiring process for product businesses and provide advice to potential candidates looking for an IT career.
Her previous speaking engagements in 2018 include:
- Melbourne Girls College to a grade of year 9s on the topic of Careers in Technology
- MC at Levels Conference for Junior Developers (400 attendees)
- Workshop at Cryptocurrency Broker Firm on how to utilise Linkedin for their business
- Guest Lecture at RMIT for Masters of Computer Science Final
year Project class
- Informal MC at Startup Weekend Hackathon